As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Buying a small coffee grinder is a natural choice for coffee lovers. Most of them use freshly ground coffee beans for a fresh and delicious cup of coffee. Burr grinders are the best choice for grinding coffee at home. Sometimes a more professional solution is needed.
If you want to grind coffee in a fast and compact way, the smallest grinder will come in handy. So you need to abandon the full-size grinder and look for a small and compact solution.
At A Glance Contents Of This Article
- The things that you should know about small coffee grinder
- 8 best small coffee grinder
- 1. Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill Skerton Plus
- 2. KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder
- 3. Hamilton beach fresh grind electric coffee grinder
- 4. SHARDOR Electric Coffee Bean Grinder
- 5. KitchenAid Blade Coffee and Spice Grinder
- 6. Oxo conical burr- small coffee grinder
- 7. Sboly Conical Burr Coffee Grinder– Best mini coffee grinder
- 8. Baratza encore conical burr-Best compact coffee grinder
The things that you should know about small coffee grinder
Which one to choose: Blade Grinders or Burr Grinders?
The market of the smallest coffee grinder is mainly occupied by blade coffee grinders. You can find several manual burr grinder options that can compete with a blade grinder.
When you look at the quality of coffee grinding, ground by burr is better than ground by the blade. The burr grinder can provide a consistent grind size, thereby it can affect the taste of the coffee.
The longer burr grinders work, the better the grinding effect you will get. However, the blades of the grinder may become hot and change the taste of the coffee. On the other hand, a blade grinder is cheaper and easier to operate than a burr grinder. They can also be used to grind dry spices that a burr grinder cannot handle.
Generally, if aroma and better taste are your top priority then a burr grinder may be suitable for you. And if you are looking for a cheaper coffee grinder, the blade grinder is perfect for you.
Setting up the burr grinder is very simple, you can choose the desired grinding size. A blade grinder does not have these settings but requires continuous grinding to achieve the desired results. Allowing the grinder to run for a short time will cause coarse grinding. If the grinder is allowed to run for a longer period of time, the grinding effect will be very good or finer.
There is no specific deadline for implementing this nuance, so you will have to experiment a bit. For most small grinders (such as those listed here), starting for 5-7 seconds will cause coarse grinding. Let the machine run for 15 to 20 seconds under medium grinding and 30 seconds under fine grinding.
There is no any specific time to achieve the finest result in grinding coffee. The small coffee grinder those are enlisted here most of them are able to give you coarse grinds within 5-7 seconds, medium grinds within 15-20 seconds, and fine grind within 30 seconds.
8 best small coffee grinder
Hario has experience in pouring coffee and their small grinder is perfect for the task. Ceramic conical burr grinder can provide grinding and texture according to your requirements. The crank handle moves easily and smoothly. When you move the handle, the non-slip base helps to hold the grinder in place.
Of course, this is manual work, which requires more time and energy than an electric grinder. Everything is balanced in the quality of grinding. The grinding adjustment mechanism makes the grinding procedure easy to adjust the grinding size. When not in use, it can be removed for convenient storage.
This small Hario ceramic coffee mill skerton coffee grinder can grind about two cups of coffee. It’s not big, but it’s big enough for you to enjoy your favorite drink. High-quality design and reliable brand name are the great advantages of this Hario skerton plus manual coffee grinder. Due to its easy adjustment, this Hario skerton plus ceramic coffee grinder is perfect for pour-over, French press, and drip coffee.
- High-quality grinder.
- Hand grinder
- The conical small burr grinder
- Hario ceramic coffee mill skerton plus Can handle enough coffee beans to hold about 2 cups of coffee.
Although this Krups f203 electric spice and coffee grinder is small, it has a high grinding capacity. Its grinding power is enough to handle 12 cups of coffee. When processing comparatively large amounts of coffee beans, the blades of the grinder even can work fast enough to deliver coffee beans quickly.
This Krups f203 spice grinder with stainless steel blades lasts for a long period of time. Its powerful motors can quickly provide ground coffee beans. The safety switch with a cover can lock the object in place and reduce the risk of an accident.
- This Krups f203 coffee grinder is easy to use.
- Stainless steel grinding blade
- You can grind enough coffee beans for 12 cups of coffee.
- Best mini electric coffee grinder
The Hamilton beach fresh grind coffee grinder is a small and practical electric grinder. This fresh grind electric coffee grinder is very similar to the travel mug and looks cute. Hamilton Beach seems small, but not so small. The Hamilton beach fresh grinder is large enough to hold 12 cups of coffee.
This Hamilton Beach 80335 black coffee grinder is a small grinder with stainless steel blades which is simple and easy to use. A very useful aspect of this tool is its movable grinding chamber which simplifies cleaning and maintenance procedures easily.
There is a space at the bottom of the grinder to store the cord. This Hamilton beach fresh grind coffee grinder 80335r is usually noisy. However, it can be said that it is less noisy than other products in this category.
- This electric grinder has been designed with a blade
- Stainless steel blade
- Easy to clean and maintain
- A bit noisy
Shardor electric coffee and spice grinder has a smooth stainless steel outer layer, which fits under most kitchen cabinets.
High-quality stainless steel blades and a powerful 200W motor can grind coarse powder in 5 seconds, and provide delicious roasted coffee even before brewing. The lid can activate the switching mechanism, allowing you to adjust the settings yourself. No matter what you want to grind this Shardor electric coffee bean grinder spice grinder may be your ideal choice.
- Comes with user manual
- The high-quality stainless steel body and blades and the powerful 200W motor ensure continuously and even grinding to maintain the actual rich aroma and oil of coffee beans.
- A removable bowl (70g capacity) with measurement marks is enough to hold 12 cups of coffee.
- There is a nice O-ring on the lid to prevent powder from spilling out, so you don’t have to worry about kitchen garbage.
- ETL approval can keep you safe.
- Two in one spoon with the brush.
- Comes with a dry grinding bowl.
- You can replace it if any problem occurs in this tool within one year.
This Kitchenaid coffee and spice grinder bcg211ob is perfect for your kitchen. The mark on the inside of the stainless steel bowl indicates the suitable level of coffee beans for 4 cups, 8 cups, 10 cups, or 12 cups of coffee, and the transparent top cover can be removed with a button.
The transparent top cover and one-button controls allow one-button operation: just push the top cover to start crushing, then release it to stop grinding. The transparent cover lets you monitor the grinding consistency.
The stainless steel blade ensures durability and high performance by quickly grinding all coffee beans for up to 12 cups of coffee.
There are measurement marks inside so that you can immediately determine the amount of coffee beans to be ground.
Stainless steel spice grinder bowls with optimized blades have been specially designed for grinding spices such as coriander and cumin.
- The transparent top cover and one-button controls allow you to operate with one button.
- The transparent lid also makes it easy to see the progress of grinding.
- The Removable 4 oz stainless steel bowl has measurement marks on the inside so that you can know at a glance how much beans you need to make for 4, 8, 10, or 12 cups of coffee.
- It comes with a heavy motor, a 4-ounce stainless steel bowl, stainless steel grinding blades, a transparent top cover, and a set of accessories for spice grinding.
- The company offers a replacement warranty for 1 year.
- Kitchenaid blade coffee and spice grinder combo pack comes with 160 watts motor.
- This Kitchenaid bcg211ob blade coffee and spice grinder runs on 120 Voltage
At Oxo brew coffee grinder, we believe that brewing coffee is a pleasure, and you don’t have to sacrifice quality to make coffee easier. That’s why we are happy to introduce you to our new cone-shaped burr grinder. Its simple, intuitive design ensures consistent grinding without any hard effort.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Voltage 120 V / 60 Hz
- OXO brand
- Color silver
- Product size is length x width x height 7.4 x 12 x 16 inches
- Product weight 4.5 pounds
- The sturdy 40mm stainless steel (SS) conical burr can grind coffee with optimal aroma extraction
- It has 15 settings and plus a micro setting that you can customize for better grinding according to your own preferences.
- One-click start timer can keep the last settings, just click to grind
- The hopper can hold up to 0.75 oz of coffee beans.
- The Oxo burr coffee grinder size is 12 x 7.4 x 16 inches.
- The grinding bowl can hold up to 110 grams (12 cups).
- Water or any other liquids cannot be used for cleaning the grinder inside.
Reliable and durable The FDA and ETL certified Sboly automatic conical burr coffee grinder has a powerful motor, safety lock, and blue end indicator. The 200g/0.45lb design is very simple. Just press the button and you can easily use the tool. The Sboly burr grinder will automatically turn off when crushing is finished. You can choose the quantity of coffee beans (up to 12 cups).
- Easy to clean.
- The interlock system can ensure the safe operation of the coffee grinder, and the indicator light will flash according to the working status.
- The quantity of coffee beans can be chosen (up to 12 cups).
- Conical stainless steel burr design.
- This small Sboly electric burr coffee grinder can reduce the loss of essential oil of the coffee beans while oxidation. In this way, the best taste and aroma are secured.
- It has come with 19 different grinding setting
- For any brewing needs, you can use the Super Equal grinder with the automatic coffee machine located in the middle.
- It has come with 19 different grinding setting
- Its closable dust cover can keep your coffee fresh.
- Sboly conical burr grinder is available with a compact design
- Easy to use and store
- Stylish stainless steel (SS) appearance.
Since 2012, this tested Baratza conical burr grinder machine has been in the market. Its consistency and dependability of the grinding make it a powerful tool for making different types of homemade coffee like espresso. The Baratza encore conical grinder is the recipient of the Coffee Association Special Award.
The best-selling Baratza encore electric burr coffee grinder is the best choice for making coffee at home.
- Available in black or white.
- Easy to use-the convenient front panel pulse button and simple ON/OFF button makes this grinder easy to crush fresh coffee.
- 40 grinding settings.
- Its company provides world-class support and a 1-year warranty.
When looking for the smallest grinder, some interesting options have to be considered. Although there are different types of small coffee grinders in the market – some of them are manual burr grinders and most of them are electric blade grinders. Burr grinders are more suitable for high-quality grinders, although blade grinders may also be useful for some people.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.